Family

Family

Saturday, November 7, 2015

North Carolina Visit- Wednesday


We all got to bed pretty late the night we arrived.  It was so late that I just let Alexis sleep with me.  It wasn't a restful sleep for either of us.  She took up most of the bed and woke up really early.  She was really excited to play with Audrey and Phoenix and just being in an unfamiliar environment made it hard for her to settle down.  The first morning we were there Audrey was playing with Alexis while I took a shower.  When I was finishing up I could hear Audrey reading a book to Alexis.  I went in to check on them and this is what I found!  I couldn't believe it.  Poor Alexis must have been so tired. Unfortunately she only slept for about an hour.  




After Alexis woke up from her nap, the kids really wanted to take her outside.  Rachel's backyard is beautiful and HUGE!  You don't see yards this size in California!  It was so fun to see the kids enjoying the wide open space and the weather was so nice during our visit except one day!
 


Here is Audrey with her bug catcher.



Alexis was excited to be able to kick around a soccer ball =)



Phoenix was so cute with his bug catcher.  He spent a lot of time outside trying to capture various types of bugs.  He had a little container that he would put all the bugs in and it surprised me what he had in there!



Alexis was very content to be pulled around in the wagon by Audrey.  Audrey was so great with Alexis.  It was so nice to see them be able to spend so much quality time together and they both thoroughly enjoyed it.



Another picture of Phoenix with his bug catcher and bug holder.  




I was surprised when I moved to California to find that Dunkin Donuts was no where to be found!  There were so many locations in NY that is really surprised me that it just didn't exist in California.  At least in Northern California.  I was excited to have a donut or two when I was in North Carolina.  Alexis enjoyed licking the frosting off hers.  



We got kind of a late start that first day.  We were going to go to a kids museum called "Marbles" but once we got there we found it was closed for the day.  Luckily there was a science museum close by that we were able to go to so the trip wasn't for nothing.  I only got a few pictures but the kids had fun.  Alexis just liked running around with Audrey and Phoenix.



These two cuddled up on the couch after we got home.  They are just so cute.  It melts my heart!  Rachel made pasta primavera for dinner that night and it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment