Family

Family

Monday, November 9, 2015

Alexis is going to be a big sister!


Alexis is going to be a big sister January 19, 2016 (or sooner)  Right now I am 29 weeks along.  It has really gone by fast although I am starting to get more uncomfortable.  When my sisters came to visit at the beginning of July, I thought it would be fun to have Alexis wear this "Big Sister" shirt to see how long it would take them to figure it out!  The first morning that Rachel was here she didn't say anything.  I finally had to say, "Alexis, did anyone notice your shirt?"  Then of course Rachel got it right away.  She said she had read the shirt but figured the shirt must have been on clearance and that is why we had it! I had Alexis wear the shirt a few days later when Leah and Michelle arrived.  Leah read it right away and said, "Are you a big sister?"  I thought she had figured it out but she hadn't lol It was so funny!  I also sent a picture to Joanna and she didn't get it right away either. The next time we went to Napa, Alexis wore the shirt and Brett's mom figured it out immediately =)  My sister Rachel just had a baby last week.  She was about 10 weeks ahead of me.  It was really fun to be pregnant at the same time!




There is a somewhat new blood test that can be given that screens for chromosome abnormalities and can also determine the gender at a pretty early stage in pregnancy. We found out around 13 weeks that the baby is a boy!   I was really surprised because I had felt like it was a girl since I had felt so similar to when I was pregnant with Alexis. Brett has a Superman shirt so I thought it would be fun to get a matching onesie.  When it came in the mail, Alexis insisted on trying it on lol



I am posting a couple of pictures I have of Alexis over the last few months or so.  Her cousin, Cessiley, made her this cute tutu!



She loves playing at the park!



Alexis loves playing with our phones or tablets any chance she gets lol 














We have talked to Alexis a lot about having a baby brother.  She does talk about
"Baby Jaxon" but I don't think she really grasps what it actually means.  She will find out soon enough!  My mom ordered this blanket and when it came in the mail Alexis carried it around and kept saying, "Baby Jaxon love it?"  I really do think she will be a great big sister!  I can't wait to see her reaction when she sees him for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment