I was so relieved that I didn't go into labor before my scheduled c-section date. I kept thinking it was going to happen because it happened with Alexis! I had to be at the hospital at 5am on January 19, 2016. It was raining really hard that morning. It was such a surreal feeling to know we were leaving the house and would be returning with a little baby. We got to the hospital and everything was quiet because it was so early in the morning. I signed some forms and then was put in a room. The anesthesiologist came by to ask me a few questions and go over a few things and then the doctor did as well. As I was sitting there I was beginning to have somewhat regular and mildly uncomfortable contractions. They weren't nearly as bad as they were with Alexis. It really wasn't long before the nurse was coming to get us to go into the operating room. Brett had to sit outside while I got the spinal. With Alexis I was in such pain that I couldn't wait to get the spinal so I wouldn't feel anything. Since I wasn't really in pain at this point it gave me a little more time to think about the fact that there would be a needle going into my back. I was definitely tense. The anesthesiologist first injected something to numb the area so it wouldn't be as uncomfortable when he gave me the spinal. He even said that would be the worst part and thinking back to when I had Alexis, that seemed accurate and even that wasn't even bad. The numbing shot wasn't that bad but it was definitely very uncomfortable when he gave me the spinal. I wasn't expecting it but I went numb so fast it didn't really matter. It is such a weird sensation to lose all feeling from the chest down. You try to move but can't. I started feeling pretty nauseous but the anesthesiologist was able to give me something to alleviate that. After that I felt pretty good. Brett was able to come in right around that point. I obviously couldn't see anything that was going on but I kept waiting for them to start even though I already felt pressure. It seriously happened so fast. It literally was probably only a few minutes from the time Brett came in that I heard the doctor say that Jaxon was almost here. I couldn't believe how fast it was. They pushed on my stomach and the doctor said, "He's peeing!" Then I heard the most adorable little cry. Jaxon kept letting out these little cries. I was so happy he was finally here! He weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. and was 20.5 inches long.... and he had hair!

Once he was done being weighed, the nurse brought him over to me and I was the first one to get to hold him. Of course it was awkward because I was still on the operating table and couldn't really move but I just loved that I could hold him so soon. I wasn't able to hold Alexis until I had been in recovery for a little while.
Jaxon is just so perfect and has the cutest little nose. I fell in love instantly. I was wondering before he was born how it would be possible to love another child as much as I love Alexis but I just do. It isn't something you can explain but I have so much love for both of them. Being a parent is such an amazing feeling. I love Jaxon so much and I am so thankful he is part of our family. The rest of the day I had to stay in bed and couldn't eat anything. I really could hardly drink anything either because I kept getting nauseous.
Jaxon slept a lot and still sleeps a lot! When we were in the hospital we hardly saw his eyes because he was sleeping so much. Brett went and got my mom and Alexis to come visit at the hospital. I was so excited for Alexis to meet him! Alexis is really scared of hospitals and doctors so she was freaking out for a while. I didn't think she would ever calm down enough to be able to see Jaxon.

Finally she settled down for a short period of time and came into the room. She didn't want to hold him at first but eventually did. Janice and Ray came to visit too and kept me company while Brett took my mom and Alexis home. The next day I was able to get out of bed and eat and drink normally so that was nice. It was really kind of boring in the hospital and I couldn't wait to go home. We were able to go home the next afternoon. I am so blessed to have Alexis and Jaxon. Being a parent is hard and challenging but it is the most rewarding feeling in the world. I wouldn't want to trade it for anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment