Family

Family

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Trip to New York for Christmas 2016!



Time has really flown by in 2017 and this is the first chance I am getting to finally update the blog. Jaxon turned 11 months old in this picture.  It was also the day before we left for NY.




Alexis was lucky to be able to decorate some Christmas cookies with Grandma in Napa.  She had so much fun!




We knew that the trip would be hard but it was really nice to be in New York and see my family. We got there a few days before everyone else started to show up.  Alexis had such a fun time playing in the snow outside with her grandpa, or as she calls him, the "yellow grandpa".  They built a snowman and she had fun sledding down some small piles of snow.




I am glad she got this time to play in the snow.  Everyone ended up getting sick with really bad colds and it really put a damper on the time there.  Jaxon was one of the only ones to not get sick.  I was grateful for that.




Some of my family hadn't had the chance to meet Jaxon yet!  










Audrey and Alexis ❤




Phoenix was very excited that it was almost time to open presents!  







Jaxon's first Christmas ❤




Alexis got Peppa Pig robe.  She loves it of course!  




Leah and Alexis playing




Jaxon loved eating cheese curls while we were there. 




My brother John was able to come the day after Christmas with his little boy, Henrik.  Henrik was nearly 2 years old and I hadn't had the chance to meet him yet.  It had also been over 3 years since I had the chance to see John so I was really glad they were able to come.




Poor Felicity was sick for most of the time they were there so she slept a lot.  I was sad I couldn't see more of her because I haven't had the chance to see her much since she was born.  It is hard living so far apart from my family.  Henrik and Jaxon were very interested in the snacks Rachel was giving Felicity.




Teddy waiting patiently for some food.  







This was also the first time that Alexis and Henrik were able to meet.  Henrik was so sweet and kept hugging Alexis.  He is such a sweet boy.







I just loved watching them together.  It was the sweetest thing.  









My parents still had this rocking horse from when we were younger.  Alexis enjoyed riding on it quite a bit.




The last night we were there we were able to get a picture of all the kids.  It was so special that we could all be together.  Times like this are few and far between.




The trip back to California was hard.  The cold I had was actually the worst on the day we flew back.  It was just a really long day but luckily the kids did pretty well.  Alexis was so happy to be back at home and just wanted to put her pj's on and play with her toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment