I promised myself I would try to be better about posting more regularly but that didn't happen. Time just goes by so fast and I rarely get a spare moment. Jaxon isn't on a good sleeping schedule yet so I am quite literally taking care of him from the moment I wake up and I maybe get about a half hour to unwind after both kids are sleeping for the night before I have to go to bed myself. I already know that one day I am going to miss these days so much. These days when I am their whole world. I know this and I do try so hard to treasure the time because I know how fast it goes. We haven't done too much this summer but here are some pictures since Easter.
Poor Alexis! She was so tired that when she was playing in Jaxon's car seat pretending to take a nap she actually DID fall asleep. Poor thing.
She has started playing on her own a lot and comes up with some pretty interesting things. She cracks me up so much. She was giving her pigs a bath in cheese balls and also putting the cheese balls in her blocks. I have no idea why!
She loves looking at all the shoes in my closet. Maybe someday I will wear heels again! In the meantime it is fun to see her try them on and play with them.
It is hard to tell in the picture but she has stickers on her ears as earrings. She loves the idea of earrings but she doesn't want to get her ears pierced because I showed her a picture of her cousin, Audrey when she got her ears pierced and she was crying. The stickers are a great compromise!
She is so cute being sweet and caring to her baby doll while eating a quesadilla.
Alexis started to love playing in the sink earlier this year so once Brett was in the process of finishing the backyard we got her a water table to she could play on the deck. We set it up in the kitchen before we put it outside and I just love seeing how she is so organized with setting her Peppa Pig toys up.
Jaxon just finding his toes =)
Alexis and Jaxon with Grandpa Ray!
Alexis was so excited and happy to be sitting in between Grandma and Grandpa (and to eat french fries)
Here is a picture of most of the backyard. It looks great and I am glad it is finally done! It is so nice to look back there and see this and not a wild jungle of weeds. Brett did a great job!
Alexis playing with her water table outside =)
Every year Brett's family goes on a camping trip. We haven't gone since Alexis was born. We decided to go up on one of the days so we could see everyone. It was a lot of driving but I am glad we went. There was traffic going there so it took about 4 hours to get there and then the ride back was about 3 hours so it was a lot of driving to do in a day. Somehow Alexis stayed awake the entire time.... I don't know how she does it sometimes. When we left to come back home Jaxon was having a hard time. He cried really hard for about an hour which is pretty uncharacteristic of him. He finally fell asleep and Alexis held his hand.
I just love how much she enjoys playing with her pigs!
I am assuming that Daddy Pig and the 2 Mommy Pigs she has are teaching Peppa and all her friends a lesson? It is so cute how she has them all lined up!














No comments:
Post a Comment