This summer I have been extremely bad with updating the blog. The past few months have just flown by! We were so lucky to have Rachel, Audrey and Phoenix visit for a week at the beginning of July and Leah and Michelle came a little later while they were visiting. Alexis was so happy to see everyone. This picture was taken the first morning they were here and Alexis spent a good amount of time showing Audrey all her toys. Audrey is so amazing with Alexis. I just love seeing them together.
Alexis is feeding Audrey some Cheetos. Audrey didn't really want any but was being a good sport about it.
I love this picture. I knew they were playing in the other room but when I went to check on them they were just like this on the floor and it looked like they were deep in conversation. It was so sweet. I love that they have such a close relationship despite the age difference and the fact that we live on other sides of the country.
Phoenix enjoyed some relaxation time while watching a movie.
Here is another pictures of Audrey and Alexis playing.
I really can't get over how good Audrey is with Alexis and Alexis just completely adores her.
Alexis rarely takes naps but she was completely exhausted. It was so nice of Auntie Rach to let her take a nap on her lap.
One of the days they were here we went to San Francisco to mainly go on the Alcatraz tour. Brett stayed home with Alexis that day. It was also Phoenix's 6th birthday. Unfortunately I did not get many pictures of our visit to Alcatraz. This is a picture of Audrey and Phoenix checking out one of the cells. I think both the kids really enjoyed the tour. Phoenix was really interested in the part of the prison where the prisoners could see visitors.
We took the ferry from Vallejo and that was much more enjoyable than trying to drive and park in San Francisco. It was really chilly that day. On the ride over there, Phoenix said, "Are we in Franchesco yet?" I thought it was so cute. I also told him that we may be able to see some sea lions sunning themselves at Pier 39. A little while later when we were on the ferry back from Alcatraz island, he asked me if I had ever touched a dandelion before. I said that I had and then he asked if it was slimy. I then realized he was asking if I had ever touched a sea lion before. It was the cutest thing. Unfortunately there weren't any sea lions =( That night for dinner we had Little Caesar's pizza. It was what Phoenix had requested for his birthday. We held off celebrating with dessert and presents until Leah and Michelle got here which was only a few days later.
Phoenix spent the better part of a day looking for little lizards in the back yard. He really wanted to catch one but unfortunately wasn't successful. It was very hot and I'm sure the lizards were looking for a cooler place and they are very fast.
Leah and Michelle came for the weekend which was really fun. It isn't often that we all get to see each other and it is always fun when more than one of us are able to be together. We were only missing Joanna! Leah brought her adorable dog, Teddy. Alexis was smitten with him right away and he was very gentle with her. She kept trying to feed him stuff he shouldn't eat and he was all too eager to take anything she would give him.
Alexis loved holding Teddy's leash and walking him around the house.
Alexis is getting some play time in with Auntie Leah at the Crocs store while Rachel looks for some news shoes for Audrey and Phoenix.
Alexis loves her aunties.
Audrey and Alexis were very interested in what Michelle was doing on her laptop.
We all went out to lunch and Leah put Teddy in the bathroom so he wouldn't get into any trouble. She had left him in the bathroom the day before and the light eventually turned off because it has a motion detector and he is so small that it eventually turned off. We were pretty surprised to come home to see this! He had also jumped up onto the sink and pulled down the hand towel. It was pretty hilarious. He must have been pretty active because the light never turned off!
We have a park nearby that has a splash pad. It was a big hit with Audrey and Phoenix. Alexis enjoyed her time there too but was a little more timid about going into the water. She was content to have Brett with her the whole time.
I love this picture with Audrey and Teddy. I can't believe Audrey is 9 years old. It seems like just yesterday she was a little baby.
Alexis and Phoenix enjoyed some swing time. Alexis really did love it even though it may not appear so!
We were finally able to celebrate Phoenix's birthday. I made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting. I put a candle in one but Phoenix felt it needed some more decoration. He sprinkled some blue sugar sprinkles on it and put a mini oreo on the top. It was so cute.
It was so fun to be able to celebrate his birthday.
Alexis loved hugging Teddy and trying to pick him up.
Poor Teddy must have been so exhausted! This picture it funny because when he was sleeping like this, Phoenix said, "Teddy just looks like a dead fox."
Alexis was chasing Teddy around to cover him up with a blanket. I guess she thought he needed to take a nap.
Teddy was such a good sport and pretty much went along with whatever Alexis was trying to do to him. He is a great dog!
Last year when Rachel and the kids visited we went on the Jelly Belly Factory Tour. It didn't even occur to me that they would want to do it again but Phoenix mentioned it a few times so it seemed like a good thing to do again. Alexis enjoyed it more this time because she is older and had a better understanding of what was going on. There were a lot of people waiting to go on the tour and Alexis started to get a little overwhelmed by all the people. Luckily Audrey and Phoenix were there to make her feel more comfortable!
Alexis talks about going to Jelly Belly with Audrey and Phoenix again at least a few times a day. I am really glad we went because she has such good memories about it.
Phoenix is also really good with "Baby Lexis"! This was at church and Alexis hugged him like this for quite awhile while Phoenix patted her back. It was so precious.
The last day Rachel and the kids were here we went to a place that has slides and bouncy houses etc. This was something Phoenix had requested that we do and I am glad it worked that we could go. Audrey took Alexis around and it gave me and Rachel a nice little break to just sit and watch. Alexis got up the courage to go down this slide with Rachel and Audrey towards the end and of course didn't want to leave after she went down it a few times.
Brett was a good sport to let the kids stand on his back. I am not sure what started it but they were very excited about it. It was such a fun visit and we did so much! The time went by very fast as usual.

































No comments:
Post a Comment